Thursday, August 7, 2008

Operation bring baby home

Well, the last couple days have been spent cleaning someone else's house. This is not THAT unusual but the degree to which it needed cleaning and the detail of the cleaning is a little daunting. 6 hours yesterday and 5 hours today and i think I'll need 2 more days until the project is complete.
My friend's house that I'm cleaning left for Izmir two weeks ago to stork nest (wait until her baby was born) i wrestled the house keys away from her husband before he left to go be with her. They are VERY laid back and the ONLY thing ready for baby was the crib. All the outfits, socks, bibs, pacifiers, etc were still in gift bags and the "baby's room" had two mattresses up against the wall, and an assortment of large interesting things-the only way you could tell it was for baby was the crib which Brian set up the day before he left.
So, I've been figuring out how to fold socks the size my fingernail, despising the person who made her the diaper cake (all those rubber banded diapers have to be unrubber banded) etc.
The only way to clean the house is to organize it as well. Every surface has a million things piled on it but i have made it through the worst and now I'm on to the desk, kitchen and finishing the baby's room. The master bedroom, bathroom, closets, living and dining room are actually done surprisingly.
So I'm not sure if they thought they'd have time to do all of this, or what, but it would be hard to change that child's diaper when every surface is covered-so I'm bringing them back to ground zero and they can decide what to do after that.

No comments:

Isaiah 43:1

But now, this is what the LORD says— He who created you, O Jacob, he who formed you, O Israel: "Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine."