
So today no-baby Katie and I hit the gym. Hopefully this will be a daily activity in which my training for the 10K and then the 1/2 Marathon in September will be decided. Back in Yuba City before Eric was home I had gotten up to 6 miles a day which would have put me in great condition for the 10K but now I'm back to the 3-4 mile deals. I am not complaining, don't get me wrong, I feel great after I do it, but I'd really like to be able to accomplish something that is WAY out of my comfort zone. So 1/2 Marathon it is.
I did 4.25 miles today and I checked my time at the 5 K point, I did pretty well for that, coming in at about 28.00. So one of my goals, to finish it in under 30 minutes was accomplished which means I'm running under a 10 minute mile-another one of my goals. Now for good runners-this is like YAWN material. They have already turned over and fallen asleep-while I'm chattering away on this side of the bed.
SO-GINA, KERI, ROXANNE. Get back on the horse.
2 comments:
hello! I was born a sprinter always a sprinter. I get totally bored when I run past three miles....sooooo I'll be doing my kettleball workout (which by the way, I've been running every other day thank you!) and you can train for that crazy race woman!!!
Well, does doing the 5k for Pink October count if I'm going to try to break my best time of 29 minutes? I just hope that when you run your 10k and 1/2 marathon there is a little boy that sprints in front of you then stops, then sprints in front of you only to repeat the pattern for the entire race! Enjoy!!
Post a Comment