Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Green thumb, and well, fingers too!





Today and some other days I've been the master gardener. This involves me learning what gardening tools are absolutely essential and what tools i can get by without. It also humbles me to know that the "kneeling pad" i smirked at in the gardening aisle would be really nice right about now. Other things I've learned this week:
(First picture is a shot of the "before").



















1. Rose bushes have roots that are really deep and they are S shaped so digging them requires a husband.






2. Those pretty purple flowers make ugly nasty roots.











3. Spiders are ruthless. I keep drowning them and covering up their holes but within minutes they have a new tunnel.




4. The neighbors are very curious as to what I'm doing.




5. Planting grass requires absolutely no knowledge of what one is doing. Simply water the ground, spread seed around which stains your hands green, and maybe a little more watering.

6. When your husband leaves the hose on for 3 hours your yard will fill up and 15 birds will come take a bath in your yard.


7. Watching your husband learn how to move a sprinkler without getting sprayed for the first time requires out loud laughter and running to get the camera.











8. I really wish i would have gotten those cute gardening shoes before we left the states.

No comments:

Isaiah 43:1

But now, this is what the LORD says— He who created you, O Jacob, he who formed you, O Israel: "Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine."