So...I'm making homemade Shampoo and I have no idea how this is going to work out. There are only two ingredients.
1 T Baking Soda
1 C Hot Water
I think I'm going to have to mix it up in the shower because it isn't supposed to settle at all. I put the baking soda in a little pyrex dish and off to the shower I did go. I just used hot water from the sink before I got in and mixed it up with my finger. Once I was in the shower I wet my hair immediately and mixed again and then poured the bowl onto my head. As I was rubbing it in I thought to myself, "well...it feels clean". Then I made a mistake and opened my mouth. Baking Soda water began pouring in and it reminded me of that one time that I bought baking soda toothpaste because I heard it was really good and then I couldn't finish the tube because of the fact that it tasted like it's namesake. I decided not to use conditioner so that I could see what all the fuss was about. Combed out very easily and feels clean and fresh. I am a little worried that it could lighten my hair so I am going to wash every other day.
Hippie Score-9, definitely a 9
Do Again? I can't tell yet, maybe...I'm going to be buying baking soda for 20 other things at this point so I think I'll use if for a month and then decide at the end.
Cost Comparison-I bought a cereal sized container of Baking Soda for 2.18 at Walmart I think it is cheaper.
My information comes from:
http://babyslime.livejournal.com/174054.html
1 comment:
I'm going with you on the hippie score of 9. This one sounds like an adventure.
Post a Comment