Saturday, April 9, 2011

Homemade April-Poppy Seed Dressing

 This one was given to me by a friend 5 years ago but I've tweaked it a little bit.  The salad that goes best with it goes like this:




Greens: Spinich, Spring Mix or Romaine.  I like to do a combo of all three!
Fruit: Sliced strawberries, mandarin oranges, thinly sliced pear or cara cara oranges.
Nuts: sliced almonds, walnuts or sunflower seeds
Feta Cheese sometimes
Tiny bits of bacon sometimes

Another reason that I like this is that I usually have the stuff at home.

In a small bowl combine:
1/2 Cup Mayo
1 T vinegar
1 T white wine (if you don't have it-that's cool, i just use white cooking wine)
1/4 C sugar
2 T Milk
2 T sour cream (optional)
1 T poppy seeds

Whisk Whisk Whisk

Pop in the fridge for at least 20 minutes.

Pop Pop Pop

Take it our right before serving and whisk again-with a fork if necessary.

Yum Yum Yum.

No comments:

Isaiah 43:1

But now, this is what the LORD says— He who created you, O Jacob, he who formed you, O Israel: "Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine."