Monday, July 28, 2008

Snakes and Snails and....that's what our garden is made of


Yesterday Eric and I took on the front yard. Now that all the gardeners are gone (they were forced to join a company and increase their prices by 18% if they wanted to stay) we are in charge of maintaining the Air Forces' idea of what a proper yard should look like. We weeded and weeded and weeded. I tore out all the ugly plants and we were amazed to see so many snail shells scattered around. While we were weeding we noticed these strange 1cm. round deep holes every so often.

Our neighbor was out washing his car and he asked me if i wanted to borrow his boots. I thanked him but told him i was doing just fine. He asked us if we had seen the holes yet. Yes, we had. Then he gave us some delightful news. Those are spider holes he says. This is where Eric got up and went into the house. The boy hates spiders. I have to kill them at our house as they do not bother me one bit. We did end up seeing one and they are pretty big but nothing huge. He told us that if we look down the holes we can see their little eyes staring up at us. Sure enough today i went out to look for them and i peered down into one of the holes and there were the little spider eyes staring back at me. Yes, they are big enough to see!

So I've included a picture of their homes for your viewing pleasure. Sleep tight!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ew!!! I'm with your hubby-- spiders are terrifying!

Isaiah 43:1

But now, this is what the LORD says— He who created you, O Jacob, he who formed you, O Israel: "Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine."