Well on Tuesday night at Eric's softball game I decided to try one more time to introduce myself to one of the people in the stands and hope that it not bomb like it had before. So I already knew she was the spouse of the "Shirt" or "First Sergent" for the same squadron Eric is in. She immediately told me to sit down next to her and keep her company for the game. Her name is MaryAnn and they have two kids one who will be a freshman in college and one who is 16. She also told me that the base chapel just opened a coffee shop that very night and she was helping to oversee it. They were having trouble with their espresso machine and I told her that MAYBE i could help.
So tonight i went in-yeah, couldn't fix the espresso machine. But i did spend 2 hours there getting to know her even better and the Wing Chaplin's wife Liz or was it Lisa? So that was great. It's a huge room all redecorated with free coffee, pop, blended coffee drinks, and treats. It's the only place on base that's open past 8:00 (besides the bowling alley) and it's the only place for some peace and quiet away from home. I love it!
1 comment:
Hey Beautiful Laura,
I love your blog! But it just makes me miss you more. Love to you and Eric both--It is great to read about your adventures in Turkey.
Post a Comment