Sometimes we experience things that: shake us, fufill us, move us, and teach us in such immense ways. We are so changed by them, we wonder why the world we live in isn't affected as well. After coming back from Olive Grove the last three weeks this is what I wondered as I looked in my cupboards and found the toothpaste right where I had left it, the bed made its normal way, and the dishes stacked just so. I got up this morning and dusted, put laundry in the washing machine, and ate some cereal. Didn't my home and body remember that I was a new person?
I would have liked to have been so changed that maybe I forgot where a light switch was, or had to think where I keep the extra keys. So, what is the sign that things change. Where do I look when I want to be reminded that, no, i'm not the same any more, ? I guess I look inside myself.
I close my eyes and recall the children, the voices, the games, the discussion, the beach, the quiet, the chaotic, the praises, the tears, the prayers, and then I remember. I am not the same.
No comments:
Post a Comment