Saturday, January 17, 2009

Perfect Parfait


Today is a fabulous day so far. I am still jet lagging quite a bit so I wake up at 2:00 everymorning and can't go back to sleep. Eric is now NOT leaving on Wednesday but the 27th so I have a whole week more with him!
He woke me up with flowers today and tried to make me coffee in my new French Press but there's a part we can't find so I went ahead and did that. The roses are STILL in bloom even though everything else is dead and they drape over the window in the office right in my periphial when I type.
When I was going through all my drudgery with the plane rides we were sitting next to a lady who was planning a bridal shower brunch and couldn't think of a protien that she wouldn't need to keep warm. I suggested parfait's. You know...granola, yogurt and then cut up fruit on the top. PERFECT. I made one for my breakfast today and boy is it healthy...and delicious. I did have to add a little sugar to the plain yogurt but I love the idea of only having to eat one bowl of something instead of cereal, a dairy and a fruit and it has 10g of protien in the granola alone!!!!!
Tonight the Franksters are coming over for breakfast dinner. We have been chatting about a breakfast buffet for a long time and here's what we are making tonight:
Breakfast Pizza,
Bisc. and sausage gravy,
McGriddles,
Cinnamon Rolls
Omelets with canadian bacon and tomato,
Hashbrowns,
Coffee Cake,
Creps
Melon,
Bacon,
Sausage, &
Nemosas to drink

Come on OVER!

1 comment:

page said...

I miss your blogs, Laura!

Isaiah 43:1

But now, this is what the LORD says— He who created you, O Jacob, he who formed you, O Israel: "Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine."