Saturday, September 6, 2008

ACKY-sounds just like it's spelled, tastes the same too.

Well my friends, I'm retiring from the food preparation career I've done so well in for a couple of recent instances that will forever be burned in my brain. I mean how could things have gotten so crummy?
Item One: Laura thinks she can replace red pepper slices with crushed red pepper spice.
This day was going really well, Eric started coming home for lunch which is wonderful because I can see him during the day and he can have a little bit better food that what I may have packed in his lunch. So this day I was making a pasta and the only ingredient I didn't have was the red pepper. Crushed red pepper turned out to be a wonderful sensation and a surprisingly spicy dish to my husband who is only served meals that his horribly sensitive wife can handle. I ate one bit and ran to the sink. ACKY!

Item Two: Not long after that I was trying to be more inventive than the average sandwich and made a turkey wrap with mayo and mustard spread on the tortilla and then tomato, lettuce a little salt and pepper and turkey inside. Eric came home and ate everything on the plate except for that. There was a small bit taken out of it however. When asked about it he remarked, "It's just too flavorful, it's kind of ACKY."

Item Three: One day after that I needed to make dinner quickly after our language classes that we have Mon-Thurs which has cut down on the time i need to make meals. I decided that I would try, for the first time in my life...Shake and Bake, it was somehow in the pantry and all you need is Chicken and the Box so why not? Eric asked me what was for dinner when we got to class and I told him, "Shake and Bake". He had never heard of it before, which amazed me and instantly got me asking him, "You mean you never saw those commercials or people in your class never said the popular phrase, "It's Shake and Bake and I Helped?"" No, he hadn't. Well we sat down and cut into our first piece, rather excited to see if this could join the ranks of hot dogs in Mac and Cheese for our list of survivor meals. Both of us kind of wrinkled up our noses and chewed those bites for a long time before gulping them down with the effect of the adam's apple falling from chin to chest in Cinderella when the Duke learns he will not be beheaded but he has to try the glass slipper on every maiden in the kingdom. (we just rented that last night). It was so bad I had to take pictures of Eric eating it.

Item Four: Made muffins for Barnes who just had knee surgery and decided to make jumbo ones but then the muffin cups wouldn't fit in them so i sprayed the pan. The muffins refused to come out of the pan and were undeliverable.

Item Five: Yesterday I made more muffins for Barnes who just had knee surgery and made regular sized ones, they are burnt black.

So, I hear by announce my retirement from the profession of Domestic Goddess. I'll be making applications to AHA (average housewives anonymous).

No comments:

Isaiah 43:1

But now, this is what the LORD says— He who created you, O Jacob, he who formed you, O Israel: "Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine."