
Well Eric has been super sweet the last couple days and I'm pretty sure I know why. One I won't say outloud, or even type it, the other (option B some might call it) is because he's feeling the deployment creeping up on him. He feels differently about this deployment because now he knows what they are like. He's not so excited this time and he's been, well let's give some examples/ehemplos in Spanish (phonetic spelling). Wow if i ever say anything in the post it will be amazing. I'm like hyped up on ADD pills.
EXAMPLE 1: We have dinner outside on the porch, manicotti to be specific while the neighbors play salsa music.
RESPONSE 1: This is so nice Laura, you make such good dinners, this is so yummy and so nice to be sitting outside with you, it's so nice out tonight, and the music is so wonderful let's dance (insert Laura eyebrow raise here). We won't be able to do this for 6 months so we really have to keep taking advantage of these nice nights you know.
EXAMPLE 2: Snuggle time before sleepy time. Recently Eric's days have been so busy and he's needed a LOT of debriefing time so that he can sleep that we have been talking before we fall asleep for almost an hour. I love this because Eric used to not communicate very much and it's just fun to be a part of his transformation.
RESPONSE 2: My Laura, I am just going to soak you up because I won't have you to do this with for a long time.
EXAMPLE 3: Make your own Pizza
RESPONSE 3: Oh, Laura we make such fun things together, our friends are so impressed with the things you make and our kids are going to be spoiled by you with all your good food. Our little girls will make good wives some day because of the yummy food you'll teach them how to make.
And then there's the emails he sends: "Laura, this morning was so nice! With the great peach and the pancakes. Thanks for getting all that ready for me and for being up when I came home. (Awake after he get's done working out every morning) That’s always so nice! I wish there had been more time and that you could’ve sat down with me to eat breakfast too, but thanks for doing what you do. Thanks for going to the store last night and for making the awesome milk shakes.
and another email:
Laura, you’re my favorite wife!! The second plate to cover the spaghetti was a really good idea. I think that maybe you’re trying to win “wife of the quarter”!
Anyways, Eric has been super sweet to me and very grateful which is wonderful as my non-eternal life's worth and value comes not from being a Starbucks manager, or a college student, or a Lt. in the Air Force but being a launderer, dishwasher, cooker, baker, cleaner...So I am so glad to have a husband that gives me encouragment.
Eric, I love you too.
No comments:
Post a Comment